While we love to be healthy by exercising and eating balanced meals, we’re both huge on skincare also. It’s all about being healthy inside and out!
Summers can be so hard on our skin especially when at the gym sweating or when traveling and being exposed to all the different elements and climate changes. So we love to find products that work for our skin. We definitely don’t neglect this self-care.
During the summer, Joanna’s biggest skincare issue is her eczema, so staying moisturized is super important. Grace’s biggest skincare issue is preventing breakouts but not stripping moisture with face washes and toners.
If you follow our Instagram (which you should be if you are – @exercisewithextrafries), you’ll know we love absolutely love Korean skincare products! We both swear by the Korean 10-step routine. Here are some of our favorite products at the moment.
- Dr. Jart Vital Hydra Solution – Joanna’s current favorite face mask. She’s currently obsessed with all Dr. Jart products.
- Innisfree Second Skin Mask – We both love Innisfree masks and wish they were available in the US. We always stock up on these when we travel to Korea.
- SK-II Facial Treatment Essence – Joanna usually uses affordable skincare products, but this is her one splurge.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream – Joanna’s favorite body lotion. She keeps several as a backup so she never runs out. Their whole line of products is great for people with eczema.
- Dr. Jart Liftra – Night cream that’s on the heavier side, but still feels light.
- Innisfree Volcanic Pore Toner – Grace is so obsessed with this toner. It doesn’t strip your skin of oils, but it controls sebum.
- Mario Badescu Drying Lotion – One of the best acne products! Dab it on at night, and your pimple is significantly smaller the next day. Tip: Do NOT shake.
- Innisfree Super Volcanic Pore Clay Mask – Another must to control excess oil. Grace uses this about 1-2x per week.
- Neogen Bio-Peel+ Gauze Peeling – We absolutely love this for exfoliating. It’s not too harsh on your skin.
- Dr. Jart Rubber Mask – We’re both obsessed with everything Dr. Jart at the moment. This mask looks a little creepy, but it feels so great.
- Dr. Jart Porecting Solution – We both love to use sheet masks. Tip: Store them in the fridge! It feels so good in the summer.
While these are our favorite products, it’s too hard to carry all of them with us when we’re going to the gym or traveling. So we like to carry just the essentials and usually small, travel-size or sample-sized products.
Sunscreen and moisturizers are always a must! This Dr. Jart sunscreen is super light and protects against UVA and UVB rays.
We’ve both been using Biossance 100% Squalane Oil and Squalane + Vitamin C Rose Oil as part of our post-gym routine. These mini duos are so easy to throw into our makeup bag for the gym or for travel. We love that they moisturize our skin so well without being too oily. Plus the 100% Squalane Oil is a multipurpose oil that you can use to moisturize all over your body after your shower!
You can grab FREE samples of the duo: here. All you have to pay for is the shipping!
Let us know what your biggest skincare concern is, or what skincare product you swear by!